Everyday Technology for Learning Differences: Use the Tools You Already Have
From computers to smartphones to e-readers, kids today are immersed in technology. This AT Network presentation will demonstrate how to take advantage of familiar technology to compensate for learning challenges, capitalize on learning strengths, and reduce time and effort spent on school work. Through live demonstrations, participants will learn how everyday tech –word processors, Web browsers, consumer electronics, and more – can assist students who struggle with reading, writing, notetaking, math, organization, time management, and attention.
- Underutilized features in Microsoft Word and other popular programs
- Learning supports built into the Mac and Windows operating systems
- Apps that turn mobile devices (Apple iDevices, Android) into portable learning assistants
- Alternative uses for consumer electronics (MP3 player, camera, voice recorder, smartpen)
- Add-ons, Web resources, and cloud drives to configure an Internet browser as an online study tool.
Presenter: Shelley Haven, ATP, RET Assistive Technology Consultant - Technology to Unlock Potential
The archived webinar is at ATNetwork.org.