Accessible GPS Devices and Apps
Sendero Group works in collaboration with others to create accessible GPS products. On July 2nd, 2013, they announced The Seeing Eye GPS™ app for cell-enabled iOS devices. It is designed to be a convenient mobile option to compliment other Sendero GPS products. Version 1.1 is currently in process. As with other Sendero products over the past 13 years, user feedback will drive development of future versions. They will be posting a list of what we think are high priority features and would like users to vote on these plus add other suggestions. They will also work immediately on a UK and European version of the app.
Other accessible GPS products from Sendero and others include:
- Sendero GPS for BrailleNotes (Apex, mPower and PK)
- Sense Navigation (powered by Sendero GPS) for the Voice Sense, Braille Sense U2, and Braille Sense OnHand
- Mobile Geo for Windows Mobile Smartphones and Pocket PC phones (powered by Sendero GPS).
- Sendero Maps and GPS for the PC
- Sendero LookAround GPS for iPhone and Sendero LookAround for Android: announces the nearest points of interest and your current location
- APH's Nearby Explorer app for Android devices | Listen to a demonstration podcast of the Nearby Explorer app
- Trekker Breeze (no auto route creation)
- Loadstone GPS Free POI navigation software for Symbian series 60 Mobile/phones (no maps)